2 January 2015

January Update

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!



Ahh it's a New Year! Happy 2015 everyone!

Sorry it's a bit late, been  rushed off my feet, what with Christmas, New Year, meeting friends and family and sorting out the cake blog as well as the cake Facebook page. Phew! What a lot to go on!

2014 - What a year it was, had many ups and downs but it was worth every moment. Sam conquered his problems with his wrists and is now getting better with Guitar and playing, he's hoping to start a new band this year too which is excellent, very proud of him! 

Alzheimer's Memory Walk - Sam and I did the memory walk for Alzheimer's and we raised £125.50! I am very happy with this and plan to raise more money this year! It was such a great day and the amount of people that turned up was wonderful! Enjoyed every minute of it and was so happy and pleased how well it turned out and to everyone who donated - THANK YOU SO MUCH, FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART!! 

Sprinkle, Sparkle and Magic - Last year was an amazing year for the cake page and I have done so much with I can't even begin to express of how proud of it and of myself for what I have achieved so far, It will have been a year on the 20th January and I can't wait to go for the other years to come, I plan to do so much with it and to work so bloody hard to achieve what I want to do! I started my Cake Decorating course - Level 1 and I don't regret it at all, it's worth every penny!

I can't wait to get on with this year and all the things I have planned out for it, I just can't wait at all! It's been wonderful. Now - On with the blog! 

This year I will be taking part in various Challenges, The main one I will be doing will be the TRB Challenge 2015 - Which is the To Be Read Challenge, basically I set myself a goal of how many books I want to read this year, which mine is 25. I will be tackling my bookshelf at home and the books of my Kobo, that have been on them for a while which need to be dusted off and read, which I have been meaning to do for sometime. So it's a perfect challenge!

Goodreads 2015 Reading Challenge - As always, like the last 4 years (Wow, that's a lot haha) I will be taking part in the Goodreads reading challenge, I have set myself a goal of 25 books which you c an see the bar update on the main homepage on the left hand side down the bottom. Though this will link up to the TBR Challenge and my Classic Challenge, so any books on any of those challenges, will be ticked off on my Goodreads. Make sense? Good!

Classic Challenge 2015 - I started this last year and didn't really finish it, so I'm planning to finish it this year! Plus some of the books on the list I already have on my TBR pile which is good, so I'm going to attack those too! You will be able to see my little grid that I have made of all the books on the Classics's Challenge, they will start to go down once I cross them off as read. You can also look at the book I've read by clicking on the link. 

So without further ado! I hope you all have a very happy New Year and that 2015 is a brilliant one for you all! HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!

No comments:

Post a Comment