16 April 2018

The Girlfriend * Michelle Frances

The Girlfriend by Michelle Frances

A girl. A boy. His mother. And the lie she'll wish she'd never told.

Laura Cavendish has told a lie, not a white one but an unthinkable one, a lie that no mother should ever let cross her mind. Though it has and there's no way that she can reel it back into the depths of her mind. 

Daniel Cavendish has a lot going for him at the moment, a good steady job as a doctor at one of the top hospitals, a new already renovated flat and his beautiful new girlfriend, Cherry. 

Cherry has had a rough life, or so she thinks. Growing up on the council estate and being an only child has its limits. She feels like she has been cursed and she doesn't know what she's done wrong, but it needs to change and fast. 

Though Cherry isn't all what she's cracked up to be, in fact she's quite the opposite to what everyone may think of as the 'perfect girlfriend'. She's far, far from it. She'll do anything to have Daniel all to herself. 

As their relationship blossoms, so do the events in Cherry and Laura's. Limits are pushed and families are ruined, until one day things go too far for Cherry's liking, and she's left thinking, "What if Laura ever find out?"

The Girlfriend by Michelle Frances, was amazing. I picked up this novel whilst I was browsing through the ereader books on offer at the time and I'm so glad I got it. 

The book is fast paced and keeps you on your toes the entire time whilst reading and constantly wondering whats going to happen next. I found it really hard to put the book down and finished it within a week which is good for me at the moment. 

Whilst the story is fast paced, there are only slight twists within the entire book and it does start off a bit slow at the beginning. Going into lots of detail about each character and building up a big story towards the end. 

I found at times, I couldn't decide who's side I was on through the book, one minute it was for Laura and I understood her, then the next it was with Cherry. All the while changing through out the book with each new problem that arise. 

Reading this Psychological thriller has opened my eyes to more of these books and I can't wait to sink my teeth into more. I will be on the look out for more of Frances's books in the future and hope that it wont be too long. 

I will be giving this book 10/10



No comments:

Post a Comment